Monday, August 9, 2010

Shway Shway...

One thing I have learned from the books I have read, the blogs I have read, and the other teachers that are already living in the UAE is Shway Shway, or slowly slowly.  Things will happen, they will come together, but we must have patience.  I am hoping this is a philosophy I can easily adapt to because I know one of my big stressors in life has been that I am always multitasking, desire complete control, and I hate waiting for anything!  So here I am, sitting in my rented house after selling my home, our cars, and most of our belongings donated to goodwill, sold in a garage sale, or slowly picked off by friends and family...


And still no word on when we leave...so we wait and we are told again and again it will come together, it will happen and still I really want to stamp my feet and cry, "where is my ticket?"

My last paycheck comes this Friday and I can't help but worry a little about money because I know every moment I sit here in the states I am not getting paid for my teaching position in the UAE.  I find myself obsessively checking facebook to see if anyone else got a plane ticket and then checking my email to see if I got a ticket.

Everyone says enjoy your family and friends while you can...but their lives have gone on...we had the going away party and now they have their own lives and jobs and routines...I have to say I am honestly ready to go back to work!  I am ready for my adventure to start!  On the upside I am pretty sure that Michael and Gavin will get to travel with me when I go, which is a relief...anyway this is more of a rant than a blog...I digress...

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I hear ya on the money thing... My last paycheck comes next Wednesday. Just makes me nervous. And then after it comes, I feel like we shouldn't spend money, which means we're stuck at our parents' houses. Fingers crossed we hear soon!

    ReplyDelete